Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Ebola: The Madness An Epidemic Brings Begins :(





I just read the most disheartening story. From a report on the Dailymail.co.uk, I gathered that Liberians are now dragging the bodies of their relatives, who have been infected with the Ebola virus, out of their houses into the streets to die in order for them not to get infected!!!

That doesn't even make any sense at all because definitely some living creatures will come in contact with these bodies left out to die and thereby spread it around some more. It is also cruel to treat the infected people like that just out of fear or selfishness. :( I learnt some relatives of the dead victims are refusing to have the bodies of their families cremated, rather wanting the option of a proper traditional burial. As much as I empathize with their situations, I think they need to WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DAMN COFFEE!!!  These are not normal times and this Ebola epidemic is not to be taken lightly. Cremating the infected corpses is the best bet in this situation and getting quarantined is the best thing any infected persons can do for the world at large.

Viewer Discretion advised:



An Ebola victim left to die in the streets because his family are scared of contracting it and being quarantined. :(


I read about Donald Trump asking their borders to be shut and people from the affected countries restricted from traveling to America, and for once in my life, I sort of agree with him. While his reasons may not be entirely selfless, I think it is the sane thing to do, and I say this without bias. Every country needs to protects its citizens from any epidemic talk-less of one that has no cure.

If we had done same, Sawyer, the Liberian man who brought it into Nigeria, wouldn't have had the chance to. Now the nurse who attended to him is dead and the other medical health workers have been infected. :( This is really sad and worrisome.

I wish I could do more than just hope the virus gets contained.

1 comment:

  1. May we not be faced with the same decision the families of the infected is faced with...truly worisome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living