Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Six long months. #BringBackOurGirls

You don't know extremely long six months can be until you have a huge void in your life for that period of time. I can never forget the day I thought I had lost my son. He felt it would be fun to hide himself away rather than get punished for wasting water, so he hid behind the bathroom door quietly while I screamed his name searching for him. I felt my heart stop beating several times during the several minutes it took to locate him. I ran out of my house without shoes, frantically grabbing strangers and asking if they had seen him. I went berserk. Words simply cannot describe the coldness I felt around my heart that day. I remember the emotions that went through me when I set eyes on him. It was a horrible day for me, one which I pray and hope never to experience.


How does one cope without a child for 183 days knowing that monsters have held them captive? The pains of the Chibok parents cannot be put accurately into words and the best thing we can do for them is to #BringBackOurGirls home and into the arms of their beloved parents and siblings. I don't even know the right words to console them with but I implore them not to give up hope that these beautiful children will be brought back. I want to tell them that we are on their side and we will hope against hope that some day soon, their tears of anguish will be replaced with tears of joy at the return of their daughters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living