Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Friday 14 November 2014

Buki's Bits.......

I haven't done this in a while because I have been caught up in so many things at work of late. But I'm here now so let's run...... :)


Stadium Brouhaha


There was quite a buzz last week at the launching of the newly built international stadium by Governor Akpabio in Akwa Ibom State. It is indeed a glorious spectacle to behold and I have no objections because I'm sure the residents of the state are quite pleased with this latest addition to their assets by their thoughtful governor. I mean I'm pretty sure they have at least one adequately well equipped hospital accessible to the citizens in every local government area within the state, top of the range fire trucks and responsive fire service team in each L.G.A as well, well built roads in every nook and cranny of the state, jobs for at least 85% of the residents, constant electricity, potable water, etc etc. For them to have thought of putting such a wonderful stadium in place, I'm sure they are very comfortable and enjoying all I listed above and more so no worries. That's the only explanation I can give for the erection of this opulent edifice. -_-

Bomb Blast Across Northern Nigerian School


I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the news about the latest brainwave of BokoHaram. Who stoops low enough to conceive, concoct and execute such evil plans against innocent and defenseless children? I have bared my mind up to a point in a previous post and I sincerely hope the government puts an end to this menace once and for all. Clearly, these terrorists are getting stronger and they need to be curbed before they take over the entire country. It’s getting harder to see the present government belling this ferocious lion though ………

Pastor Dies In Plane Crash

I was a bit shocked to read about this tragedy earlier this week because it was such a horrible way to die and the pastor also died alongside his wife. I had never heard about him prior as I noted here but that didn’t make it any less tragic. I pray their souls rest in peace.
What made this tragedy hurt more is the fact that most of my fellow Nigerians felt more pained by the passing of this man of God than by the loss of the 47 school boys killed the very next day by Boko Haram. Sigh. Kontinuu o.



Kim Doing What She Does Best

who is responsible for this meme? -_-
Sigh. I don’t even know where to begin with Kim’s most recent cover shot with she aimed to #BreakTheInternet. Now, I appreciate the fact that she’s an adult and entitled to her choices and all that, and I know that if you don’t want a part of her lifestyle you can easily scroll past the picture if it offends you that much. What I’m curious about are just three things; did she eventually break the internet, couldn’t there have been other ways to break the internet without doing the full frontal shot as well and why exactly did she do it? Didn’t Beyonce break the internet when she released her last album unexpectedly? This could also mean that a bare back is not enough to break the internet until you add the full frontal to the mix. Kan ye believe that? Chai!!!! Diarisgodoooooooooo. I feel sorry for North, kindda.

That's all for now folks. Keep reading and thanks a bunch for doing so. Muah :)


1 comment:

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living