Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Thursday 29 January 2015

The Many Lives Of A Cat And Myself


I can still recall the first time I heard the expression "A cat has nine lives"and how I marveled at the exclusive luck cats had to escape death that many times in a life time was just awesome. I remember wishing I could be that lucky too, dodging bullets Matrix style, coming back to life over and over again like the Terminator, never dying like the protagonists in most movies did. I was a young and bright child but I sort of yearned to be a cat and have such opportunities. :)

Over the years, I have realized that perhaps I got that wish or perhaps I am just one blessed young lady with many lives. I cannot begin to count how many times I have missed death and some by whiskers too. I've had some really incredible escapes from accidents, robberies, sicknesses, etc and I am always grateful I am still alive to tell these stories. I got more than nine lives, I got millions of extra lives and I try my best to live each day to the fullest because I believe each day is a gift and giving back is the ultimate gift of all.

Imagine my stunned delight when I came across a piece of news some days ago about a cat who was hit by a car, found dead and  buried only to be seen about five days later. Such was the fate of Bart,  black and white cat, in Florida. He was buried in a shallow grave but after about 5 days, he returned home minus one eye and with a broken jaw which was quickly fixed by the veterinary doctors at the Tampa Bay Emergency Services. Bart is now expected to make a full recovery from that surgery. His owner believes another cat might have dug him out of the grave. Who knows? Surely this proves that cat do have nine lives, no? :)

Good old Bart :)


Bart in surgery

Bart's grave
Pictures culled from Google and Dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living