Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Sunday 25 January 2015

The Secret I Never Knew

Hi everyone, I do apologize for being MIA and going AWOL for the past few days. I've been totally exhausted and unable to do much at all least of all blog coherently. I've been to the hospital on several trips and done loads of tests. I've been pricked and prodded with needles so much that I feel like a pin cushion now. 

All in all, the general diagnosis seems to be stress. I'm utterly stressed out and I've been advised to take time out on everything that could be stressing me (Hehehehe, easier said than done really, unless I move to Pluto). I know now, that I've pushed my body beyond imaginable limits and it has kindda stopped me abruptly in my fast tracks in order for me to take thing really easy before I hurt myself. Sigh. 

I'm working on being better at resting. I'm not used to it at all and I get bored stiff if I'm doing nothing at all. I'm not even a tv person so chilling out and watching tv isn't even cutting it. I do know I need a luxury vacation far far away from the hustle and bustle of my daily life in Lagos. 

Just the other day, I was saying to hubby that if I had been the 14th wife of some Arab Sheik and woke up daily to goat-milk baths, spa treatments and what have you, I wouldn't be this stressed. He had a good laugh at my expense and said my sharp mouth would probably earn me several daily lashes in the Sheik's court and that I'm not the sort of person to live such a life of doing nothing. *Sighs and side eyes him* A girl is allowed to dream, no?

Anyways, what I've come to discover is that a lot of people past the age of thirty take daily supplements to ensure they have the required nutrients to keep them going. Ermmmm, helloooooo why didn't I take this memo seriously when it's been thrown at me in the past? I guess I've been fooling myself that the aging process would probably skip me while dishing it out in others but alas, it's caught up with me at last. I'm not a fan of taking pills at all as I would rather take an injection and get on with my life than take pills but it would seem like I need to do that now to sustain my health in Naija. What can a girl do but succumb?

Thankfully, I feel much better that before so fret not about me. I'm a Survivor. ;)

Have a wonderful week ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living