Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Sunday 1 February 2015

How Observant Are You?

I was not able to blog properly yesterday because I was involved in a friend's dad's funeral all the way in Ijebu-Imushin. It was a fun road trip because some friends and I went in a sort of convoy with matching outfits and lots of gists and laughter. We were there to support our dear friend who look utterly overwhelmed by the whole festivity at some points, bless her. 

The villagers didn't go easy on us as they "turned up" in droves to "get" all they could from the out-of-towners. It got really exasperating for me at some point because these uninvited visitors were all over everyone and some going as far as tapping you hard just to get your attention. The more we gave them stuff, the more they increased and asked for more. All in all, it was a good trip and I pray her dad's soul would rest in peace. 

This morning, I got a call and had to skedaddle to the island to calm a certain situation. As luck would have it, neither of my two regular cabbies were available to take me so I had to hail a passing cab. I negotiated, hopped in and true to my nature I had taken quick note of almost everythig in the cab. I asked him where his park was because I couldn't see any stickers indicating this. He told me which park he had come from and claimed it was a new cab which was why he hadn't received a sticker yet. I could tell he was telling the truth from the excited way he caressed his dashboard and the pride in his voice at finally owning his own decent cab. 

Then he commended me for being so observant as to notice the missing sticker and that got me pondering on how observant people are, if at all. I am a very curious person by nature and being observant comes naturally to me. I try my best to notice the almost everything in my surroundings because I know how tides can changes very quickly hence the need to always be aware and flee or stay put as the situation may desire. 

As a matter of fact, one of my friends called me a "witch" yesterday because of a certain apt observation I noted at the event yesterday. She was surprised at how bang on I was on a particular issue. For the record, what is known and classified as simple psychology in first world countries is stamped as witchcraft in third world countries so no offense was meant and none was taken. Lol. 

Sadly, my dear friend whom we went to support yesterday wasn't as observant (most likely due to the stress of the whole event) and she ended up being robbed of a huge sum of cash before the end of the day. The theft could have been worse from what she reported but thankfully, it was just the cash that was stolen. 

It pays to be observant always, for your safety and for the peace of mind of your loved ones. 

How's your weekend coming along? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living