Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Monday 1 February 2016

What Are You Willing To Do?


We all have stuff that we wish for and aspire to but never really take the plunge. They could be in the form of making investments, visiting old friends or relatives, picking up the phone to settle old scores amicably, changing careers, quitting bad and energy-zapping relationships, etc. 

There are so many forms of unachieved goals and they remain unachieved largely because we tend to procrastinate dues to the fear of the unknown and the fear of failure. 


I, for one, am guilty as hell about this but guess what? I am working on it seriously because I have resolved to do better in every aspect of life in this year 2016 and beyond. I realised that mine was a case of "physician heal thyself". 

There I was, pushing, counselling and motivating others to pursue their dreams yet I was slowing down on mine. I've had several friends and acquaintances come seek for career and relationship advice from me, taken them and gone ahead to make brilliant successes of their dreams. 


So, I decided to bite the bullet and take the plunge. I made a mental list of all I could do and then prepared and positioned myself for opportunities. Soon enough, along came an opportunity to make a career move and so I took it. Over time, I had passed up similar opportunities but not this time. This time I was ready to take the risk and go with the flow. 

Here I am, starting a new and more challenging job this morning. Am I nervous? Yes, a little bit. Am I prepared? Yes, but as the seconds tick on, I am still psyching myself up and still preparing myself for whatever may come my way today and in the days ahead. 

What are the goals you are holding back from aiming for? What are your expectations? What are your fears? Whatever they are, they can be achieved and overcome. It starts with you making up your mind to do better and going for it. 

I wish you all the very best in this new month and beyond. :)

Buki O. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living