Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Wednesday 23 March 2016

#Poetry - Something In My Way





Something in my way

Even though I know I should be asleep after a long day, I lay awake, deep in thoughts.

Something in my way

Even though I know I shouldn’t give up, I still slip now and then.

Something in my way

Whilst the tears come pouring down my face, I know things will get better.

Something in my way

For I am loved and I love with reckless abandon, O love, sweet love.

Something in my way

The sort of love that eclipses every pain. Love that erases past hurts.

Something in my way

Although how this will end I know not.

Something in my way

Something so good

Something that soothes

Something that gives me hope

Something called love


I wrote the poem above about nine years ago, when I was going through so much in my life at that time. Thankfully, in the midst of the storms, love found me and kept me going. 

Whatever you're going through, trust me, it would pass. There will always be challenges in life and there will always be good times, joy and laughter too. Stay strong, don't give up. Be positive and things would work out for you.

Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living