Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Sunday 11 September 2016

Successful Women Rock!



I came across this picture via BBM and it hit me hard because I have been on the receiving end a couple of times and I know how much it hurts when you have put in your best possible to make a success out of something and some myopic old fuddy-duddy sits, ogles you and condescendingly sneers at your success while labelling it as none of your efforts but as a result of sexual “favours”.

You wonder why believing such is the first option that readily comes to mind, of the success of women, in this ‘modern age’ and it just drains you. While, of a truth, some people (both male and female, mind you) have risen up ladders of success on the backs of sexual favours, this does not apply to everyone and to tar genuinely successful women with the same brush is very hurtful. I can’t even say women have become smarter in recent times, because the truth is women have always been smarter and wise but were constrained and restrained by cultures, beliefs and what have you.

Like a friend said to me, it is hard for people to get over the old belief that men are meant to be breadwinners while women sit pretty and support them doing little else for themselves. “They don’t realise that times have changed and women can also be very successful” You can’t blame them. While I get where she was coming from, I said to her that I blame them alright. Yes, if times have changed so much why haven’t they gotten with the programme and adjusted their mentalities and thought process to align with the changes in times and trends? Could it be that they haven’t because it is simply easier to fault and blame others rather than change one’s mind-set?




One thing I know and would advise any woman courageous enough, not only to aim for success, but to attain is that DO YOU. Remain focused no matter the side comments and insinuations and revel in the euphoria of your achievements. Don’t shay away from the results of your efforts and success of them. 

Live your life, be happy and keep shining. 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Sadly,women will always be judged based on their appeal in addition to their smarts. Smart women also know how great packaging is important and this adds to the impression they are using more than what they know to get ahead. I am okay with anyone making assumptions about my smarts as this gives me an edge. By the time the truth stares you in the face, you are calling me boss! So, it's alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preach sis. It sure is alright, last last.:)

      Delete
  2. Very correct. I am sure some guys would soon comment and tell you to go use napkins instead of diapers. Funny World

    ReplyDelete

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living