Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Monday 17 October 2016

Hope, Persistence, Tears And Happy Endings



Last week, 21 of the abducted #ChibokGirls were released by Boko Haram terrorists after 913 days in captivity. I cried, tears of joy.  I am glad we all remained hopeful that they would, one day, return and the day has finally come. I cannot imagine what they have been subjected to while in captivity but I am glad they held on, as did their parents, to see this day. 

Tears of joy. "I will never let you go again my princess".

You will always be my baby"...

Sheer delight. 

The Vice President and his wife welcomes and comforts the girls.

Freedom
As happy, relieved and excited as I am about their return, I think it is very imperative and crucial that they are rehabilitated as professionally and as soon as possible. I hope the teams involved in bringing them back home have made provisions for sessions of therapy for them and for their families as well. 

My heart breaks for the parents whose hearts could not take the trauma of losing their kids to Boko Haram and who passed away in anguish and despair. May their souls keep resting in peace. My heart also guest to those still held in captivity. We will not give up on you but we will remain hopeful and persistent as we believe that so, you will be with us and out of the clutches Boko Haram.

As for those nefarious thoughtless terrorists, karma is waiting for you. You'll get yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living