Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Sunday 4 December 2016

Much Ado About Personal Silence

So, it has been ages since I wrote due to my busy schedule in recent times. Don't get me wrong, I love my new job to bits, it has made me discover parts of myself which I never really got and I've also met amazingly fantastic people on the job. It is what it is though, that I have less times for myself in the meantime.

Also, a week ago, I had an accident which could have ended up fatally but for the ultimate grace of God. The episode scarred and traumatised me so much, even more so because we were almost robbed by hungry-mean-looking-poverty-driven-miscreants, and it has taken a lot of unburdening myself to get to this point of healing and thus writing about it.

At some point, I thought I was going to lose my mind but thankfully I am overcoming the seemingly relentless flashbacks that appear to be pulling me back into the abyss of darkness that shrouded me after the accident.

The entire incidence and events leading up to now makes me realise and affirm that a lot of people are battling depression and a host of other unidentified dark emotions due to the fact that our society does not encourage speaking out. The simple truth, cure and way out of these is often to unburden oneself ti listening ears and loving arms of the right people who have encouraging words to share.


When you bottle up certain feelings and dark incidences, they tend to keep you mentally locked up and unable to move forward with your life. Speaking up and out is a good way to get it out of one's system and overcome the challenges that comes with. so don't let anyone tell you that silence means healing, let it out and let it all go. You will be the better for it.

There was a lot of hullabaloo last week when celebrity and on-air-personality Toke Makinwa released  her autobiography and it got a lot of people talking and some even blaming her for "airing her dirty laundry in public". I haven't read the book but I have read excerpts and if she went through all of that, then methinks writing a book and letting it all out of her head is a good step towards healing and facing a better life ahead.

Our society is obsessed with keeping up appearance at the detriment of the victims involved and this is all shades of wrong. How can I overcome a trauma if I cannot speak about or share my ordeal as I want? You aren't in the minds or heads of people, so let them express themselves as they deem fit for them to get over the trauma. If you cannot ease the burdens of others, by all means, do not add to it. Leave them as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living