Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Monday 9 January 2017

#BlogFeature: Poetry Flows (II)



Below is a beautiful poem by a young lady named Titilayo Adeoye. It's her second time being featured as a guest writer on my blog and I hope it won't be the last because she writes exceptionally beautiful poems. 

Titilayo Adeoye writes from Ibadan, Nigeria. Bits of her creative gem have appeared or are forthcoming on African Writer, Kalahari Reviews, Avocet Journal #204, thesparklewritershub.com, Bakwa Magazine, Sabinews, Praxis Magazine and elsewhere. She edits for Kraft Books, Ibadan, Nigeria. You can follow her on instagram @adeoyepelumi and twitter @curlangel2.

Read and please do share with every one you know

Thanks.



AGAIN, AGAIN

I am seeing sights again
Those strange legs mamma said I must not see
If I see them, I will not get married

I am hearing voices again
Those wild whispers baba said I must not hear
If I hear them, I will run mad

I am eating at the market square again
Those soups grandmother said I must not eat in my dreams
If I eat them, I will become barren

Again, again my head is spinning
Full of dreams my villagers said are abominations
I pray my dreams rescue me




NB: This poem has been published by Praxis Magazine Online. 











    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living